POLYMERS FOR EUROPE ALLIANCE: Register for free to the Alliance for all polymer users in Europe
Your online information platform free of charge, confidential and open to all parties who have an interest in the competitive conversion of polymers in Europe
Thursday, October 1, 2015 —
Interested? THEN REGISTER HERE and get access to a wide range of documents, including:
Current polymer market situation and production capacity
EU Import Duties Suspensions / Quotas proceedings
Force Majeure Analysis
Legal guidance on joint purchasing agreements
- Provide factual public information on the status of the polymer supply situation in Europe.
- Re-establish a constructive dialogue with the supply base.
The reliability of the European polymer producing industry has recently created concerns as more than 40 force majeure situations have been declared in a period of only four months in the first semester 2015. Due to this sudden material shortage, production lines across Europe have been forced to stop at the plastics converting level, alarming brand owners and OEMs. Meanwhile, raw material prices have risen to record highs due to this shortage of materials. Although the situation has calmed down now, it clearly has demonstrated the importance of our industry working together to be better prepared for such events.
What else can the Alliance offer you?
- Assist raw material users through the EuPC network of national plastics associations as well as request suspension of certain EU import duties to relieve shortages on polymer markets.
- Initiate a study on the competitiveness of the plastics converters in Europe, together with industry and independent experts, in order to compare the industries competitiveness to global competition.
- Provide legal assistance for companies that seek legal action against their polymer suppliers due to erroneous force majeure declarations.
- Best European Polymer Producer Award: Plastics converters in Europe rate their polymer suppliers regarding specific criteria which will lead to the nomination of the Best European Polymer Producers (online at end of 2015).